Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend News

Over the weekend Colton had a few "firsts"

Friday - Early that morning, the three of us had breakfast at Crackle Barrel. Afterwards, we found an awesome consignment shop in downtown Statesville - Doodlebugs! (For anyone interested: http://doodlebugskids.webs.com/index.htm) That afternoon, Colton and I had coffee with Mandy and Lucas; it was their second play date together. Lucas slept most of the time, but while he was awake Colton tried so hard to talk to him. Oh my gosh, it was so cute! Colton knew exactly was he was saying too. I'm sure it was along the lines of "You will not believe what my Mommy did..." Babies! After coffee, we headed to Target where I witnessed another first. Colton was able to put his feet into his mouth! He had been trying for a week or so now. He ended up soaking his socks!!

Saturday - Rushing before the rain came; we were in the fields trying to get our hay baled. So to keep Colton occupied, I put rattling booties on his feet. He is fascinated with his feet I knew he would keep himself busy - and did he ever! He had the rattles soaked by the end of the day. That night, he went to bed at 8:30pm. (Continue to Sunday)

Sunday - At 7:00am I jump out of bed to see if he is okay. First-time Mommies always think the worst! He finally woke up at 8:30am. 12 hours - I need to check to see if he set a world record?! While lying on his play mat, Colton managed to rollover for the first time. Neither Justin nor I seen him do it because we had just stepped into the kitchen. It was only for a second too! We are upset that we missed it. He has been trying very hard for so long to actually rollover, we are glad that he finally did - just too bad we missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Also May Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...